Thick Film Resistor Network Manufacturer
We deliver application specific thick film resistor network devices in low to medium volume. We work with customers to design and manufacture a technical solution in space saving single in line packages.
A resistor network offers a number of advantages over discrete resistors including:
- Saving space on board.
- Reduced resistor drift and significantly improved temperature tracking.
- Reduced system board interconnect and higher reliability.
- Value matching.
A resistor network has only one packaging overhead rather than the two (or more) with discrete devices. Issues with placing discrete devices in close proximity on a system board are eliminated. System board layout is simplified improving reliability and reducing both the design time and system board cost. Further savings may be made in inventory and qualification costs.
The proximity of external heat sources may impact on the resistance of one discrete resistor in relation to another. Manufacturing variables in discrete resistors can also result is differences in self-heating effects again causing a variation in resistance between two discrete resistors. Manufacturing resistor devices in close proximity, on the same substrate, using the same manufacturing process in a network configuration resolves these issues.
Resistor Network Applications
Resistor networks are used in high volume in pull up/pull down, level translator, line termination and pulse squaring applications.
TSEC products are used in more specialised applications including:
• Precise value matching of resistors for precision amplifier applications.
• Thick Film Resistive bridges used as pressure sensors for racing car applications. These have proven to be more stable over temperature and time than semiconductor pressure elements.
• Gyroscope sensing resistors.
Required Resistor Network Application Information
Required Application Information
TSEC manufacture a wide range of customer specific configurations, with or without resistor matching. Resistance ranges from 1 Ohm to 100MOhms in block resistor designs, to over 1,000MOHms in high voltage meander designs are available.
To design a customer specific thick film resistor network product information is required on:
- Number of resistors and values
- Dimensional constraints
- Power / current rating
- Operating frequency
- Operating and maximum voltage
- Pulse withstand requirements
- Temperature Co-efficient
- Termination (SMD/T.Hole)
- Number of terminals
- Length of pin
- Required date and quantity required
Armed with this information TSEC may design and manufacture custom resistor networks for a wide range of applications.